G. H. Kazem 1, M. A. Lenghi 2
1-Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Garyounis, Benghazi, S.P.L.A.J. , 2-Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, and Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Garyounis, Benghazi , S.P.L.A.J.
Garyounis Medical Journal Vol. 4, No.1. January 1981:49-59
1. Prevention and control of Road traffic accidents involves collectively the car occupant, the vehicle, the road and the pedestrian.
2. Human failure constitutes a major factor in road traffic accidents and the effect of such deficiency can be minimised by education and legislation.
3. Safe car design contributes to the reduction of mortality and morbidity of road traffic accidents; and regular routine car check-ups should be enforced by law.
4. City planning and road construction should take into consideration preventive measures to protect the road user.
5. Research should be encouraged in the field of road accident prevention to design safer vehicles and provide a less pre-disposing environment.
Keywords: Prevention and Control of the Epidemic of Road Traffic Accidents